CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
'He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.'
Isaiah 40:11b

Saturday, October 25, 2008

SANITY SAVER QUESTION

Asked by Lisa:

"Lately my four year old daughter has been wanting to spend every minute with me it seems like! She wants me to do this & then that. I want to play with her but I feel like if I were to do that I would get nothing else done! Once I do an activity with her, she is in my face (literally) 5 minutes later to do something else.
Any advice?"

Responses can be left in the comments sections or you can e-mail them to Lisa @ nllb2004@juno.com & she will post them. Thanks!

2 comments:

semi-crazy blonde girl said...

Have you tried having her help you around the house? Ask her if she can help you fold clothes or wash dishes or clean the bathroom after you play a game. That way she can still be with you, but you get stuff done too. I used to love helping in the kitchen and bathroom especially. I would put on my swimsuit and get soaking wet and have a great time... and my mom got her dishes done and her bathroom cleaned. :)

Kristen said...

It is hard to find that balance between spending time with them and needing them to be on their own so you can get a few things done.

I try to keep a "running commentary" throughout the day so the kids sort of know what is going on, what to expect next.

For example: I will play Go Fish with you two times and then I need to clean the bathrooms while you play with ____ or _____ and then we can go outside and play or we can do a puzzle together.

It seems to help so they know what is coming next and it holds me a bit accountable so I don't get distracted by all my "to dos" around the house.